Ivan Kelly Fine Art Studio - Gallery
Labor Day Weekend Art Walk - Aug. 30th, 31st & Sept. 1
10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Upcoming First Weekend Art with the Artist:
October 4th & 5th,
Saturday, 11:00 - 5:00
Sunday, 12:00 - 5:00
2014 Marks the 21st Anniversary of Ivan Kelly Studio-Gallery in Toledo
"Painting Light on the Landscape has been Ivan Kelly’s enduring passion. His subjects feature the unique beauty of Oregon & Beyond", Coastal, Landscape and its Wildlife utilizing his appreciation for Mother Nature’s moods using light and shadow contrasts.
Ivan was raised in Ireland and immigrated to Canada in 1972. Shortly thereafter he began the practice of plein air (on-location) oil painting in the Canadian Rockies. Subsequent visits to paint the beautiful and dramatic Oregon Coast resulted in a move during 1993 for Ivan and his wife to Toledo, Oregon where his studio/gallery was built for the exclusive showing of his paintings.
I have no fancy philosophies about my art. I simply feel compelled to translate through the medium of paint those things that elicit in me a sense of excitement or wonder.
As a self-taught artist, Ivan has won National Awards and shown in many National Art Exhibits throughout the States.
Latest Juried Exhibits:
- American Society of Marine Artists 16th National Exhibit "Windswept" 15 x 30 oil June 2014
- Pacific Maritime Heritage Center, Newport, OR June 2013 - May 2014.
- Pacific Dunes Awarded "Top 50" Ribbon by the International Saloon 13 at Greenhouse Gallery, San Antonio, Texas; April thru May 2013
- American Society of Marine Artists National Art Museum 2-year Exhibt Tour 2011 thru 2013 which includes eight public art museums.
- Exhibit in Represenative David Gomberg art display at Oregon State Capital, May 2013
Also look for his "Berry Picker" oil painting featured in the international Wildlife Art Journal, Spring/Summer 2012 issue.